Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my GPS is not working?

I have an iPhone6 and I've noticed that the gps isn't working correctly, when i try and use the navigation software on maps my location is slightly out and doesn't recognise me being on the road and continually locating. I've also tried google maps, Waze etc. and same problem.

i have reset network and location settings and still no improvement

any thoughts?

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:13 AM

If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
  2. Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
  3. Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is turned on, and that you have an active connection.
  4. Restart the Maps app. Swipe up on the app and pause, then swipe up again on the app preview to close it. Then open Maps again.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network. 

Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location. Learn more about Location Services on your iOS device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 6:13 AM in response to khumalss

If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
  2. Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
  3. Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is turned on, and that you have an active connection.
  4. Restart the Maps app. Swipe up on the app and pause, then swipe up again on the app preview to close it. Then open Maps again.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network. 

Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location. Learn more about Location Services on your iOS device.

Why my GPS is not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.