Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages from people I don’t know

I am getting text messages from ppl that I don’t know. Some of these messages are inappropriate and usually are a chain of them. How can I stop from getting these messages.

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:00 AM

You can try blocking the senders, though spam text messages often come from different numbers.

If they are coming from email addresses as opposed to phone numbers, contact your carrier and ask them to block messages coming through their email to text gateway.

Finally, you can go to Settings>Messages and turn on "Filter Unknown Senders".

That will keep messages from anyone not in your contacts from notifying you and sort them out into a separate list.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 6:00 AM in response to casperfromNC

You can try blocking the senders, though spam text messages often come from different numbers.

If they are coming from email addresses as opposed to phone numbers, contact your carrier and ask them to block messages coming through their email to text gateway.

Finally, you can go to Settings>Messages and turn on "Filter Unknown Senders".

That will keep messages from anyone not in your contacts from notifying you and sort them out into a separate list.

Text messages from people I don’t know

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.