Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

autofill

Is there a way to disable the need to enter your computer password in order to use Safari's autofill? It is necessary to click "yes" to a query about whether you want to use autofill then enter the computer password before autofill will enter the desired info. I live alone and don't feel the need for all this protection but haven't found a way to turn it off. I like the autofill feature but just would like it to be less password protected itself.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 9:01 AM

That's not the way it's supposed to work. AutoFill should work in Safari without the additional step of having to provide your login password—exactly as you're expecting.

Please review the recommendations in If AutoFill doesn’t work in Safari on Mac.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 24, 2020 12:42 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for giving me the link that refers this to TouchID's Preferences. The autofill box was unchecked, but I found that if I checked it and restarted my computer it was then unchecked. After a few tries and after activating the f-keys in the Touch Bar (maybe this wasn't necessary) I have been able to get the check boxes there to "stick" and have it now configured as I want. Because of that the Autofill now works as desired.

autofill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.