Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari password autofill also executes the login button.

Recently, Safari started automatically following up the fill-in of a password by executing the actual login process. In the past, I still had to click on the login button after I selected the username, which caused the associated password to fill in. It's preventing me from logging in to a site that pops up a new security code to enter in another field as soon as the password is filled in.

All I can find are instructions to stop autofill. I know how to do that but I don't want to stop autofill, just the follow-up.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 4, 2019 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 10:58 AM

This is a new feature introduced in the latest update.

"Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill"

Section: Safari

What's new in the updates for macOS Mojave - Apple Support

9 replies

May 7, 2019 12:27 AM in response to Kalsta

This has been driving me nuts - only workaround I've found for sites that use Captcha is to manually copy and paste my user name and impossible to remember password each time. Or switch to a different browser. I don't want to turn off password autofill because that will complicated logins to sites that don't use Captcha

Safari password autofill also executes the login button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.