Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting iCloud Music Library on Music (Version 1.0.2.37)

What is the current way to reset your online Apple Music library on iCloud?

With iTunes gone, the Music application does not have the same option to "Reset iCloud Music Library" as it did before. My playlists have been duplicated multiple times and cannot be cleaned up, even if I sign out of all but one Mac — and iOS Music app doesn't have the ability to remove duplicates.

Any advice you may have is appreciated!

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 12:03 PM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2020 7:02 AM in response to Bach333

Hi Bach333,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are seeing duplicates in your Music library collection, and I'd like to help.

With Music on Mac, you would turn off (uncheck) 'Sync Library' under Music > Preferences > General > Sync Library. Then, you would sign out of your Apple ID under Music > Account > Sign Out. Once completed, you would sign back in with your Apple ID and turn Sync Library back on and await for your library to finish updating. Performing this action may remove downloaded content from your library, which means you may need to re-download that content back to your library again.

If this did not help resolve the duplicates issue, you will need to get in touch with Apple Support directly using this link: Contact - Official Apple Support.

Best regards.

Resetting iCloud Music Library on Music (Version 1.0.2.37)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.