Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is "Reset iCloud Music Library" in my account?

There is an article at Reset iCloud Music Library - Apple Community says there is a reset button at the end of account page after you disable all iCloud Music Library on every devices.

But I can only see the reset button for buying and downloading.

Does anyone knows how to make the reset option appear? Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 26, 2019 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 6:03 AM

Playlists in iCloud Music Library can only contain tracks are are purchased, matched, or uploaded. How many playlists are you talking about? If you create a new library in which iCloud Music Library is not enabled you should be able to make changes in that then enable iCloud Music Library and merge the changes. Alternatively you might need to contact iTunes - Official Apple Support and ask them to reset the iCloud Music Library. I take it you still have original source files of all of your media stored somewhere?

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 6:03 AM in response to royhsia

Playlists in iCloud Music Library can only contain tracks are are purchased, matched, or uploaded. How many playlists are you talking about? If you create a new library in which iCloud Music Library is not enabled you should be able to make changes in that then enable iCloud Music Library and merge the changes. Alternatively you might need to contact iTunes - Official Apple Support and ask them to reset the iCloud Music Library. I take it you still have original source files of all of your media stored somewhere?

tt2

Jun 9, 2019 2:32 AM in response to turingtest2

I still have original files in my computer.

The number of playlists are not too many, about 20 playlists. But songs (20k+) in the playlist is the problem.

Some of the playlists reference from other manually created playlists and use "Date added", "Plays" and "Rating" to create. These information won't exist after export playlists and songs then add them into a new library.

I called Apple Support, still waiting for their response.

Following image is one of the smart playlist with easy rules (Only "Rating"). I guess I can right click those "removed" songs and re-"Add to iCloud Music Library".

But songs in manually playlists vanished after "iCloud Music Library" is on. (The songs are still in the library, but not in the playlist.) I have no easy way to add them back into playlist.

May 26, 2019 5:54 AM in response to turingtest2

I've tried to create a new "iTunes Library.itl" to remove all of music in the iCloud Music Library. When I tried to match/upload, some of the music will be marked as "removed", disappear from my playlists.

I also tried to add those "removed" songs into iCloud Music Library, but they are still missing from the playlists I've created. I have to manually add them into playlists but the songs are too many.

Roy

Where is "Reset iCloud Music Library" in my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.