Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden videos

On my iPhone 7 running IOS 13.3 iPhone storage under Settings shows and inordinate amount of space allocated to media. I hooked my iPhone to my PC via the USB port and ran the iTunes app on the PC. It shows 7.16 GB devoted to videos on the iPhone, and reports there are 3 videos. However nothing is listed under Movies or any other "On My Device" category except for a few songs under "Music". On the iPhone the storage report under settings shows no app coming anywhere close to 7GB for data and app combined. I've check under the TV app and there is one movie purchased but not currently downloaded. I have downloaded a few movies in the past but had deleted them (or at least I had hoped).

Any idea how I can find these 3 videos and delete them to free up space? I'm not out of space but its only a 32GB iPhone so 7GB is significant to say the least. Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 1:36 PM

I solved my own problem. I deleted the TV app, and the memory space was recovered. I've now reloaded the TV app and everything appears to be okay. Deleting and then reloading an app seems to be a rather non-intuitive way to recover space from deleted movies. Also it seems strange that the iPhone Storage report didn't associate this lost space with the TV app. Oh well, now I know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 1:36 PM in response to DocMartin22

I solved my own problem. I deleted the TV app, and the memory space was recovered. I've now reloaded the TV app and everything appears to be okay. Deleting and then reloading an app seems to be a rather non-intuitive way to recover space from deleted movies. Also it seems strange that the iPhone Storage report didn't associate this lost space with the TV app. Oh well, now I know.

Hidden videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.