Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband / Mainstage 3

For a while I have been toying around a bit on Garageband. After understanding the program a bit better and settling for an 88key midi keyboard I decided to expand the sound library by buying MainStage 3. After doing so I haven't been able to find the MainStage instruments in the Garageband library. There is no legacy section showing up and I can't figure out how to help this. Please help me out

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 5:44 AM

Not all instruments from MainStage can be used in GarageBand, mainly the JamPacks. Did you download all Jam Packs?

Is the signature below your post still valid? MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10? Or have you upgraded to a newer system version?

Which version of GarageBand are you using?

The pane with the instrument library in GarageBand 10.3.4 can be scrolled. You may not notice it, if you did not enable the scrollbars to be always visible (in the System Preferences > General). Many panes need scrolling in GarageBand to see them fully. Try to drag the pane with the Instruments Library around to reveal all parts of it. And make sure, you have a software instrument track selected. I am seeing the MainSage 3 installed instrument patches under Legacy > Logic, like this:

Or check the Loop Browser for additional Loop Packs: The items marked by an arrow have been installed by MainStage after downloading the additional content. But you may need to rebuilt the Loop Index in GarageBand to see them all. Click the item at the bottom of the list of loops to rebuild the Loop Index.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 5:44 AM in response to GerardJoling

Not all instruments from MainStage can be used in GarageBand, mainly the JamPacks. Did you download all Jam Packs?

Is the signature below your post still valid? MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10? Or have you upgraded to a newer system version?

Which version of GarageBand are you using?

The pane with the instrument library in GarageBand 10.3.4 can be scrolled. You may not notice it, if you did not enable the scrollbars to be always visible (in the System Preferences > General). Many panes need scrolling in GarageBand to see them fully. Try to drag the pane with the Instruments Library around to reveal all parts of it. And make sure, you have a software instrument track selected. I am seeing the MainSage 3 installed instrument patches under Legacy > Logic, like this:

Or check the Loop Browser for additional Loop Packs: The items marked by an arrow have been installed by MainStage after downloading the additional content. But you may need to rebuilt the Loop Index in GarageBand to see them all. Click the item at the bottom of the list of loops to rebuild the Loop Index.

Jan 28, 2020 7:51 AM in response to GerardJoling

Hi there, GerardJoling.

It appears that, after having purchased and installed MainStage 3 on your Mac, you're unable to locate the MainStage 3 instruments in the Legacy section in GarageBand. I'm glad to help with this.

Logic Pro X, GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Reindex to fix issues with Apple Loops -- Reindex the Apple Loops library to see if the content in MainStage 3 appears.

GarageBand for Mac: Download additional sounds and loops -- If you still can't locate the MainStage 3 instruments in GarageBand, the steps in this article can help.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Garageband / Mainstage 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.