Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Issue persists on MacOS Catalina - MacBook 2017

HI Community,

I have recently (unfortunately) updated my MacBook to Catalina and now have Wifi Issues which unfortunately infect my complete system and make the computer unusable.

I connect to my network which seems to be successful but do not have internet connection. However, the system thinks I do and seems to tell all other apps that internet is available. These seem to try to connect (e.g. iCloud apple ID) in the background but are unsuccessful.

I have tried for the last 2 hours to solve this issue by:

What I find very interesting and haven't read anywhere else:

• Deactivating Wifi takes up to 3 minutes
  • Activating Wifi takes up to 3 minutes
  • Opening network preferences takes up to 3 minutes, switching to advanced takes up to one minute, changing tab in advanced dialog takes up to one minute

--> System is incredibly slow

I am really challenged by this and can't believe that apple seems to not have fixed Wifi issues.

Can please somebody help?

Thanks

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 25, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your support OT

I have now installed from scratch (unfortunately no time machine backup existed). I deleted all data in my volumes and installed Catalina from USB flash drive. The problem persists with Catalina on a fresh install on my MacBook 2016.

Checked my router firmware, everything up to date.

I find it utterly disturbing that Apple does not seem to be able to provide a fix for this issue. Will now install Mojave Clean and stay on this. Bloody Catalina - go to h***

Cheers to the community

Wifi Issue persists on MacOS Catalina - MacBook 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.