Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I check my daily cash generated from apple card without setting up apple cash account?

A few days ago, I opened an Apple Cash account.

But, soon, I realized that it's my mistake.

After I opened it, every Daily Cash generated when I use an Apple Card came automatically to the Apple Cash account.

I really didn't like it and need it. I just want to use my Daily Cash on Apple Card balance.

That's all I needed and wanted.

So I toggled it off through setting -> wallet & apple pay -> Apple Cash.

But I realized that my Daily Cash still came to the Apple Cash account.

I called Apple Pay department, and requested closing of my Apple Cash account.

And then, they closed it this morning.

But still I can't see my Daily Cash balance on the setting menu of my Apple Card.

There is a message that "set up Apple Cash to view the Daily Cash you received from Apple Card."

Please see the attached picture.

According support.apple.com (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209227)

"If you don't have Apple Cash set up, your Daily Cash from Apple Card purchases accumulates. The Daily Cash that accumulates can be applied towards your Apple Card balance."

"If your Apple Cash account is locked or restricted

If your Apple Cash account is locked or restricted, Daily Cash accumulates and can be applied to your Apple Card balance."

-> My Apple Cash account is closed by bank per my request. Then, I should be able to see my Daily Cash balance received from Apple Card on the above menu in Apple Card setting, and should be able to use it for my Apple Card balance as it was before I initially opened and set up the Apple Cash account.

But I can't!

Please help me with this issue. All I want is just make it as before I opened the Apple Cash account, because I don't need Apple Cash, and I already closed it. I want to see my Daily Cash balance on the above menu, and use it for my Apple Card balance. That's all I want.

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 3:35 PM

What you can do is set up Apple Cash again and then when you have a balance due you can apply the Apple Cash balance to it. If you did not have a balance due you cannot see the correct screen to toggle this on. As far as I know you cannot go back to what you had before. Did you try signing out of your Apple ID and back in? You can toggle Apple Cash on and off in Settings>wallet & Apple Pay.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 3:35 PM in response to hiddenxe

What you can do is set up Apple Cash again and then when you have a balance due you can apply the Apple Cash balance to it. If you did not have a balance due you cannot see the correct screen to toggle this on. As far as I know you cannot go back to what you had before. Did you try signing out of your Apple ID and back in? You can toggle Apple Cash on and off in Settings>wallet & Apple Pay.

Jan 24, 2020 4:32 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thank you for your response.

When you have a balance due you can apply the Apple Cash balance to it.

-> Yes, I know that. But using Apple Cash is inconvenient for me, and I just want to use Daily Cash without Apple Cash. I don't need Apple Cash at all.

You cannot go back to what you had before. -> really??

But "If your Apple Cash account is locked or restricted

If your Apple Cash account is locked or restricted, Daily Cash accumulates and can be applied to your Apple Card balance."

-> Then I think I should be able to get my Daily Cash without Apple Cash account.

If I can't go back to what I had before, it is ridiculous! Apple didn't let me know the fact that Daily Cash will come to Apple Cash account when I activate Apple Cash! Why did they make system like this?

I haven't tried to sign out my Apple ID and back in, because I am afraid if I lose any important data when I do it.

You can toggle Apple Cash on and off in Settings>wallet & Apple Pay.

-> Yes, I know it. But I realized that toggling Apple Cash off on iphone has nothing to do with closing actual Apple Cash account.

Jan 24, 2020 4:39 PM in response to hiddenxe

If I can't go back to what I had before, it is ridiculous! Apple didn't let me know the fact that Daily Cash will come to Apple Cash account when I activate Apple Cash! Why did they make system like this?

Did you read all of the pages for Apple Card before you applied? It mentions that your daily cash goes to Apple Cash.

haven't tried to sign out my Apple ID and back in, because I am afraid if I lose any important data when I do it.

You do not lose any data when signing out of your Apple ID and back in. It will ask you if you want to keep the data on the device. you will have to add your cards back to wallet but that should be simple.

You are wanting it to work in a way that it was not designed to work. Get unlimited Daily Cash with Apple Card - Apple Support that page does not say anything about not having Apple Cash. I am reading on that page that you need Apple Cash turned on for daily cash.

Jan 24, 2020 4:54 PM in response to askbarnabas

Thank you for your reply.

Did you read all of the pages for Apple Card before you applied? It mentions that your daily cash goes to Apple Cash.

-> Not really. I did't read ALL of the pages. But what I mean is that if I delete my Apple cash, I should be able to go back to what I had before I opened Apple Cash account. Otherwise, the system is ridiculously designed. If I cannot go back once I open Apple Cash, why did they make the system like that?

You do not lose any data when signing out of your Apple ID and back in. It will ask you if you want to keep the data on the device. you will have to add your cards back to wallet but that should be simple.

-> Ok. I will try it.

Get unlimited Daily Cash with Apple Card - Apple Support that page does not say anything about not having Apple Cash. I am reading on that page that you need Apple Cash turned on for daily cash.

-> No. You can find the following statements in Get unlimited Daily Cash with Apple Card - Apple Support page.

"If you don't have Apple Cash set up, your Daily Cash from Apple Card purchases accumulates. The Daily Cash that accumulates can be applied towards your Apple Card balance.

If your Apple Cash account is locked or restricted

In fact, I COULD see and use my Daily Cash before I activated Apple Cash. I activated Apple Cash without knowing much about that. I just want to go back to what I had before I opened Apple Cash. I just want to use Daily Cash, and had no need for Apple Cash.

Where can I check my daily cash generated from apple card without setting up apple cash account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.