Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Text Notifications

I have my alerts for my message notifications to never repeat. But if my phone is locked it dings as a notification and then again when I unlock the phone open the actual text message. Is anyone else having this problem? It’s driving me crazy because if I have multiple texts my phone goes off numerous times and it’s annoyingly

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:14 PM

If you are talking about Notification sounds for the Apple Messages app then you can control that by-

Going to Settings-->>Notifications-->>Messages and then setting the Repeat Alerts to either Never Repeat or Repeat Once etc.

If you are talking about a third party app then you will need to clarify which app sends you multiple alerts and then once more when you open that app to check messages. Thanks.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 6:14 PM in response to bkrosco85

If you are talking about Notification sounds for the Apple Messages app then you can control that by-

Going to Settings-->>Notifications-->>Messages and then setting the Repeat Alerts to either Never Repeat or Repeat Once etc.

If you are talking about a third party app then you will need to clarify which app sends you multiple alerts and then once more when you open that app to check messages. Thanks.

Axel F.

Jan 24, 2020 9:13 PM in response to Axel Foley

I am talking about notification sounds for my text messages. I turned the alert to never repeat and it’s still doing it. My phone will be locked and it will ding notifying me of a text. So I swipe to unlock my phone and once unlocked it dings again for the same text message. Definitely should not be doing that and it’s so frustrating especially when I have multiple texts come through.

Double Text Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.