Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID doesn't work in Apple shop

My apple ID works on the iPhone 11 and to log into on the MacBook itself. However when I try to download an app from the Apple Shop to my MacBook Pro (2012) it says the password is invalid.

I have tried to:

• re-start both MacBook and iPhone.
  • I re-set the Apple ID password and re-booted the iPhone and MacBook Pro.
  • It IS the correct password.
  • The software is uptodate on both devices.
  • I tried a different wi-fi for the MacBook

None of it works. This is very frustrating as I need to download Office to get Excel to work.

Please help.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 8:27 PM

Are you logged into the App Store using your Apple ID and new password? Have you reviewed What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support?

Are you aware that you can download Office directly from Microsoft? The trial version is fully functional for 30 days after which you need to purchase a license or subscription.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 8:27 PM in response to Riaaaaa

Are you logged into the App Store using your Apple ID and new password? Have you reviewed What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support?

Are you aware that you can download Office directly from Microsoft? The trial version is fully functional for 30 days after which you need to purchase a license or subscription.

Apple ID doesn't work in Apple shop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.