Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have iMac and I couldn't install Microsoft office as it requires Mac OS version 10.13 or later

Have iMac with macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 and I couldn't install Microsoft office as it requires Mac OS version 10.13 or later

I am new with the iMAC and I don't know what to do

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 1:52 AM

microsoft only support the 3 latests macOS version with their office 2019 and office 365

you can

1 purchase microsoft office 2016

2 upgrade your macOS to something newer than sierra macOS - How to Upgrade - Apple

3 use libra office which is a free office which open ms office files

5 replies

Jan 25, 2020 5:51 AM in response to GhadaZiad

Microsoft has already announced that they will be ending support of Office 2016 for Mac in October of this year (2020). Therefore, not a strategic purchase. And, since it is still a currently supported MS product, it too may fall into that category of requiring High Sierra or later for a new installation, or applying updates.

The LibreOffice Suite is a great clone of MS Office, but like any other clone software, there are LibreOffice features that when used, render documents indigestible, or change their appearance, when shared with others using MS Office applications.

Jan 25, 2020 10:52 AM in response to GhadaZiad

If you are regularly exchanging Microsoft document formats with those using Office on Windows and Mac, then I would recommend either a Office 365 subscription, or the single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac.

Otherwise, if you are not sharing documents, then LibreOffice would be ok, and free has merit. Don't overlook the LibreOffice documentation, all created in LibreOffice Writer. Expect a learning curve, and experiment with the ribbon bar view that suits you in View menu : User Interface > .

Have iMac and I couldn't install Microsoft office as it requires Mac OS version 10.13 or later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.