Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Photos after upgrade to Catalina

I just upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina 10.15.2, opened Photos for the first time and got the message that it can't find "Photos Library.photoslibrary". I pointed it to the file (in the default location) and it still couldn't find it. I created a new "Photos Library 2.photoslibrary" and it couldn't find that either.

I found that if I changed users (one with privileges to read/write my Photos Library file), that user can open and use it. Same computer, same file, same app - different result for two users. BTW I am the administrator, I created and have used the file for many years without any problems. Could it be some kind of permissions problem with Catalina? If so, why would it state that it can't find the file? Anyone know what's going on?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 9:34 AM

This Apple document may be of help: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

Another thing you can try is launch Photos with the Command+Option keys held down and try to repair the library.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't open Photos after upgrade to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.