Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Admin Password for Imac

I can log in to my Imac because I have it without password, but I cant upgrade because it keeps telling me the admin password is wrong

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 11:28 AM

You need an admin account password in order to install system updates and upgrades. If you don't want to have to use the password each time you boot up you can set your account to boot up automatically without having to provide the password.

So add a password to the account, one that you can remember easily, according to this Apple document: Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 11:28 AM in response to Mariagloriaafonso

You need an admin account password in order to install system updates and upgrades. If you don't want to have to use the password each time you boot up you can set your account to boot up automatically without having to provide the password.

So add a password to the account, one that you can remember easily, according to this Apple document: Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support.

Admin Password for Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.