Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unrequested Apple ID verification codes texted to my iphone

Over the past two days, I have received approximately 20 unrequested Apple ID verification codes from the following phone numbers : 819-61 ; 504-72. The text messages read:

"Your Apple ID Verification Code is: xxxxxx"

I have not been attempting to log on to my apple ID/icloud accounts when I receive these text messages and feel that a scammer is trying to log onto my account.

Is this a scam/hacker?

How do I make this stop?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 11:46 AM

Someone may be trying to log into your account, but since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on the account, they won't be able to sign in unless they have access to one of your trusted devices. The only thing you can do to try and stop them is change the email address that is your Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 11:46 AM in response to anis13

Someone may be trying to log into your account, but since you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on the account, they won't be able to sign in unless they have access to one of your trusted devices. The only thing you can do to try and stop them is change the email address that is your Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Unrequested Apple ID verification codes texted to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.