Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring photos to PC

My computer won't recognize my iPhone XR as a device so I am unable to transfer photos onto it. I can't back my phone up until I delete photos, so this is a problem. I need to know how to have my PC recognize my iPhone. I've tried every suggestion by google as far as restarting phone and computer, checking the USB cord, etc.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 10:02 PM

Konagurl19 Said:

"transferring photos to PC: My computer won't recognize my iPhone XR as a device so I am unable to transfer photos onto it. I can't back my phone up until I delete photos, so this is a problem. I need to know how to have my PC recognize my iPhone. I've tried every suggestion by google as far as restarting phone and computer, checking the USB cord, etc."

-------

Use these Links:

Importing Photos to PC: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone - Apple Support

Learn What to Do: If you can't Import Photos from your iPhone to your Computer - Apple Support. That is a 2017 post, but it might have just what you need.

Microsoft:

• Windows 10 - Import Photos and Vdeos from Phone to PC - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 8 - Import Photos and Videos in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 7 - Import Pictures to Windows 7 - Microsoft Support
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 10:02 PM in response to Konagurl19

Konagurl19 Said:

"transferring photos to PC: My computer won't recognize my iPhone XR as a device so I am unable to transfer photos onto it. I can't back my phone up until I delete photos, so this is a problem. I need to know how to have my PC recognize my iPhone. I've tried every suggestion by google as far as restarting phone and computer, checking the USB cord, etc."

-------

Use these Links:

Importing Photos to PC: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone - Apple Support

Learn What to Do: If you can't Import Photos from your iPhone to your Computer - Apple Support. That is a 2017 post, but it might have just what you need.

Microsoft:

• Windows 10 - Import Photos and Vdeos from Phone to PC - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 8 - Import Photos and Videos in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Support
  • Windows 7 - Import Pictures to Windows 7 - Microsoft Support

transferring photos to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.