Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store High Sierra upgrade reports their application is damaged

Went thru Apple's website, clicked on Upgrade to High Sierra then moved onto App store where I could open the upgrade but received this message "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS"

Have tried the last few days, no change.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 7:04 AM

Naw, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy can be downloaded.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 7:04 AM in response to MASK47

Naw, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy can be downloaded.

Jan 27, 2020 3:21 PM in response to BDAqua

I trashed the old copy and reloaded. It now appears in my applications folder. I'll run it later this week as I'm flat out busy on non computer issues. This all came about because I had "an out of the blue" problem on my MacBook pro where kernel_task was consuming +500% and nothing worked until 20 minutes later when kernel let go. I found some advice on line that seems to have worked .... so far ..... where I ran in safe mode and did not have the problem, then booted up normally, went into terminal kextstat and deleted non apple files (just 2 Parallels files). Appears ok but I'm ready to install High Sierra at the first sign of problems. Thanks again for your help.

App Store High Sierra upgrade reports their application is damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.