Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect new I phone 11 to 2014 mini countryman. apple support also could not get it connected after 40 minutes on the phone. the car does not support Car Play. do I have to return the phone ?

cant connect I phone 11 to Mini Countryman 2014. Apple support also failed ! The car does not support car play. Is there any alternative to returning the phone ?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 6:20 AM

All sorted with the garage. What the handbook does not say is to enter on the Navigation screen of the car and then immediately enter into the phone - in that order. Interesting that Apple support did not know that either. Anyway a trip tot he dealer much cheaper than buying newer car.

6 replies

Jan 26, 2020 6:18 AM in response to KiltedTim

thanks - this is the same as my handbook . The problem is that the phone 'sees' the car but does not go any further into allowing the entry of any passcode. So the phone identifies the Mini but then there is no option to enter a code so the car times out. I previously had an iPhone 6 - paired without problem . I will see if the garage can hep but any further suggestions gratefully received. thanks for your help so far

can't connect new I phone 11 to 2014 mini countryman. apple support also could not get it connected after 40 minutes on the phone. the car does not support Car Play. do I have to return the phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.