Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage device Samsung Portable SSD T5

I have a new SamsungPortable SSD T5 but I have forgotten the password I initially configured. Could anyone help me how to disable/remove the password? Or could anyone tell me how I can do the factory reset of the this Portable SSD T5? Thanks

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 8:19 AM

Guarantees Regarding Forgotten Passwords

Because T5 utilizes advanced encryption technologies, user data cannot be accessed if you forgot your

password. Please write down your password and store it in a safe place. If the product cannot be used

due to your failure to enter correct password, the only way to restore product is to have it reset to

factory settings via an online service by a Samsung Service Center. However, restoring the device to

factory settings will result in a complete loss of all user data. Please be sure to backup important data

on a regular basis.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/357142.pdf

So it sounds like you use their software to reformat it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 8:19 AM in response to gnzarama

Guarantees Regarding Forgotten Passwords

Because T5 utilizes advanced encryption technologies, user data cannot be accessed if you forgot your

password. Please write down your password and store it in a safe place. If the product cannot be used

due to your failure to enter correct password, the only way to restore product is to have it reset to

factory settings via an online service by a Samsung Service Center. However, restoring the device to

factory settings will result in a complete loss of all user data. Please be sure to backup important data

on a regular basis.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/357142.pdf

So it sounds like you use their software to reformat it.

Storage device Samsung Portable SSD T5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.