Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions passcode

I put a restrictions passcode on my child’s phone many years ago and can’t remember it. How do I get it removed without losing all the data?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 8:58 AM

You can't remove it without removing the data. From the article below.

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you created on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as new to remove the passcode. Restoring your device won't remove your old passcode.

Parental controls

You will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Cmleo

You can't remove it without removing the data. From the article below.

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you created on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as new to remove the passcode. Restoring your device won't remove your old passcode.

Parental controls

You will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

Restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.