Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up on Safari

Has anyone gotten this pop up? I am not sure if I should comply or not. I don’t know if phones can get viruses

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 12:23 PM

iPhones can not get viruses. I would restart the phone and try to access the web site again.

if necessary, try double clicking the Home button or swipe up from the bottom of the screen and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 12:23 PM in response to Sam1714

iPhones can not get viruses. I would restart the phone and try to access the web site again.

if necessary, try double clicking the Home button or swipe up from the bottom of the screen and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Jan 26, 2020 1:56 PM in response to Sam1714

Sam1714 Said:

"Pop up on Safari: Has anyone gotten this pop up? I am not sure if I should comply or not. I don’t know if phones can get viruses"

-------

First off, you'll never get a virus on your iPhone. So, no worries there.

See this 3-Month Old Post on Google Support Forums: What is cdn.ampproject.org and google Analytics? How do I remove them?? - Google Support. It Reads: "iOS customers: Please restart your device. After a full reboot, the Safe Browsing cache will be cleared and this URL will no longer be detected." So, a quick solution is to restart the iPhone, and see if this still pops up.

Captcha:

This captcha thing is typical for suspicious activity. It's the same ordeal if you were to do this in iTunes, when it comes to using it interactively. Are you Performing One of the Following?:

What Could be Suspicious:

• Entering items too many time
  • Constant Web searching indeed
  • VPN network connectivity
  • Search Queues: (using intitle: or inurl:)

Pop up on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.