Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I mirror Apple TV+ to a Sony Bravia TV?

I have a Sony Bravia (Android) TV. As far as I can tell, there's no Apple TV app (of course), but I should be able to broadcast my display from my iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

I've tried several mirroring apps, including AirScreen and a few others. They work perfectly with *literally* everything else (Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Youtube, etc), but when I try them with Apple TV+, it thinks for a minute and then says "Error loading content" and crashes. It's very annoying.

Has anyone found a magic bullet to make this work?

Any advice would be appreciated - excluding "Go buy an Apple TV".

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 6:56 PM

That model does not support airplay 2, which is what is required to stream that content.

The only other option is to have a device which supports the TV app (Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV)

https://www.apple.com/ca/apple-tv-app/devices/

7 replies

Jan 26, 2020 10:19 PM in response to vazandrew

Thanks.

Kind of annoying that every other streaming service (Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, Tubi, etc) provides an android app, but Apple can’t be bothered.

Anyway, I did find a workaround: I can’t stream directly from the player in iOS or OSX, but I can share my MacBook screen to AirScreen, play TV+ in a browser, and go to full screen and it looks fine.

But oh yeah, if I try it with Safari, I get only sound with no picture, so I have to use FireFox. LOL.

Jan 27, 2020 8:08 AM in response to vazandrew

Any other company would have considered that a necessary part the roll out. When Disney+ went live - at the same time as Apple+ - they already had apps ready for every major platform. Heck, even Tubi didn't leave anyone out. Only Apple is big enough that they can afford to be lackadaisical about it.

Apple makes good stuff, but they're never going to win any awards for customer appreciation.

Jan 27, 2020 8:38 AM in response to ejpre

Not the same thing. This is not just an app for a streaming service, but rather their TV app that consolidates purchases from their marketplace along with their Channels for their streaming service and others. Thus, it requires a different roll out to make it available on other manufacturers platforms. Furthermore, it isn't entirely up to Apple, it is based on both them and Sony (and other manufacturers) coming to an agreement. The app has already been available on the other major streaming devices, and only Samsung was able to come to an agreement to make the app available on their platform at launch. However, they still only saw fit to make it available on models from 2018-present and that will likely be the case for others as well.

Apple actually provide better support for customers and legacy devices than most so that statement doesn't really fly. I would rather not continue this discussion as it is not what these forums are for.

How do I mirror Apple TV+ to a Sony Bravia TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.