Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stream apple tv+ to an older smart tv

I want to stream apple tv+ from my ipad to my tv (older Samsung model UE 55 ES8090, neither Apple tv app available nor air play).

As it does not work with the standard apple connectivity I tried with a mirror app, which I use for browing via TV. This does not let me mirror, as I receive a message it cannot be mirrored while being recorded (app is Mirror Samsung TV from AirBeamTV) .

Is there a solution or a different mirror app, that might work?

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 11:52 AM

The recommended way is to use an external HDMI-connected streaming device, such as an Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Nvidia Shield, or Chromecast with Google TV device. These support the Apple TV app directly.

For AirPlay streaming, you can use an modern Apple TV box or Roku.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 11:52 AM in response to Rob-L-1973

The recommended way is to use an external HDMI-connected streaming device, such as an Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Nvidia Shield, or Chromecast with Google TV device. These support the Apple TV app directly.

For AirPlay streaming, you can use an modern Apple TV box or Roku.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

how to stream apple tv+ to an older smart tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.