📢 Newsroom Update

Leagues Cup returns to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV on July 26. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MTV hits on Apple TV channels

I subscribed to MTV Hits under the Apple TV Channels. Every time I try to watch something, it redirects me to AT&T TV app which I am no longer subscribed to. I thought the point was to have access to the channel without the need for a cable provider. Why am I paying for a subscription then.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 12:13 AM

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free. it does not include other channels or iTunes movies etc.

About Apple TV+ - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2020 12:13 AM in response to Jollyrancher75

Your subscription is for Apple TV + 

Apple TV + is Apple Original content. It’s a channel found within the Apple TV App. The shows included in your subscription will have the tv+ logo on them - those are free. it does not include other channels or iTunes movies etc.

About Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Jan 27, 2020 6:09 AM in response to Jollyrancher75

Once you find a TV show you want to watch, you can choose how to watch it if it’s available on multiple channels. If it’s available to start playing immediately, you’ll get the default channel that lets you watch it in the highest-quality version.

When you select a TV show, a new screen appears with ratings, descriptions, and viewing information, including all of the ways you can watch the TV show in the Apple TV app.

See viewing options: Navigate left or right in the How to Watch row to see all of the available ways to watch the TV show in the Apple TV app, including pricing options.

Use single sign-on with your iOS device or Apple TV - Apple Support

• Change or sign out of your previous TV provider

MTV hits on Apple TV channels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.