Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 16" MBP: Keyboard shortcuts (Safari etc.)

I have the new 16" MacBook Pro. In this model, it has become very difficult to reverse-shift between tabs in Safari due to the tight placement of CTRL and Shift keys. The shortcut is CTRL-Shift-Tab for reverse (and CTRL-Tab for forward-shift).

How do I customise the shortcut in keyboard preferences? I don't want to change the shortcut to a CMD-shortcut. My preferred shortcut for the 16" model would be CTRL-<-Tab or CTRL-Option-Tab. However neither of these seem to be possible?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 4:14 AM

Open System Preferences and select Keyboard then select Shortcuts. Select App Shortcuts in the left window pane then click on the plus button to create a new shortcut. Select Safari from the dropdown menu and then enter the window command "Select Next Tab" and enter your preferred shortcut. Note: some combinations of Control/Alt/Command/Shift are already take or do not work so you may need to experiment.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 4:14 AM in response to Znufkin

Open System Preferences and select Keyboard then select Shortcuts. Select App Shortcuts in the left window pane then click on the plus button to create a new shortcut. Select Safari from the dropdown menu and then enter the window command "Select Next Tab" and enter your preferred shortcut. Note: some combinations of Control/Alt/Command/Shift are already take or do not work so you may need to experiment.

New 16" MBP: Keyboard shortcuts (Safari etc.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.