Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two AppleIDs for one person?

Can I have two AppleIDs, one for my personal laptop and the other for my work laptop? My boss wants to pay for the iCloud storage on my work laptop and asked me to create a new AppleID for that. Can this create complications?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 6:56 AM

You can create 2 Apple IDs to do that. That will keep your work related information separate from your personal information. There shouldn't be any complications from using two Apple IDs unless you need to share data between the two IDs. There are ways to easily share some data. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 6:56 AM in response to vivika1989

You can create 2 Apple IDs to do that. That will keep your work related information separate from your personal information. There shouldn't be any complications from using two Apple IDs unless you need to share data between the two IDs. There are ways to easily share some data. You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

Two AppleIDs for one person?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.