Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Apple IDs

Can I have more than one Apple ID, in order to keep my business and personal uses separate on my devices.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 10:17 PM

You can have as many AppleIDs as you wish, although each requires a separate and verifiable email address. However, you can only use one at any given time with any given Apple device. And when it comes to the App, Music or Book stores, you can only change AppleIDs once every 90 days.

And if you change the AppleID used with iCloud without erasing each device each time you change it, you will end up merging data across those iCloud accounts.

So realistically, keeping multiple separate devices separate is very doable, but keeping the same device (iPhone or iPad) separate is not.

MacOS allows multiple user accounts, each of which can be associated with a distinct AppleID. But iOS (iPhones and iPod touch) and iPadOS (iPads) do not support multiple users.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 10:17 PM in response to Rae-learning

You can have as many AppleIDs as you wish, although each requires a separate and verifiable email address. However, you can only use one at any given time with any given Apple device. And when it comes to the App, Music or Book stores, you can only change AppleIDs once every 90 days.

And if you change the AppleID used with iCloud without erasing each device each time you change it, you will end up merging data across those iCloud accounts.

So realistically, keeping multiple separate devices separate is very doable, but keeping the same device (iPhone or iPad) separate is not.

MacOS allows multiple user accounts, each of which can be associated with a distinct AppleID. But iOS (iPhones and iPod touch) and iPadOS (iPads) do not support multiple users.

Multiple Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.