You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan

I just upgraded to El Capitan and I am having difficulty managing the windows. When I click the green dot to expand the window, the window takes over the monitor and blackens my other monitor. And I can not find a way to get control of the window size again. Please help.

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:19 AM

The green button puts the window into Full Screen Mode, to come out of Full Screen Mode move the cursor to the top of the screen and the menubar will drop down, click the green button again.

If you just want to resize the window, click and drag the sides or top or bottom, you can also click and drag on the corners

to resize the window proportionally.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2020 2:19 AM in response to idesignb

The green button puts the window into Full Screen Mode, to come out of Full Screen Mode move the cursor to the top of the screen and the menubar will drop down, click the green button again.

If you just want to resize the window, click and drag the sides or top or bottom, you can also click and drag on the corners

to resize the window proportionally.

El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.