Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone doesn't charge and icons are inverted

Hi everybody!

I was trying to charge an iphone but when charger is conected it shows the battery Icon with the red line (almost empty) and when the charger is disconnected it shows the graphics as its charging (wire and lightning and the red bar blinks as charging.

I left the iphone connected to see if it charge but was useless.

please help!

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 12:27 PM

Maybe that battery is dead, or the charger is faulty.

Follow these instructions:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If you get no improvement, have that device inspected at an Apple STore or AASP.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Jan 28, 2020 4:59 AM in response to Raymi_1977

Raymi_1977 wrote:
its the same when connected to a computer... when the cable is not connected it shows batery charging, when its connected it shows the batery with one red line...

Unfortunately we can't diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

You need to have that iPhone checked. Try these resellers in Bolivia, and see if they can help you:--> https://locate.apple.com/bo/es/

Regards

Giulio

Jan 28, 2020 12:19 AM in response to Raymi_1977

Are you charging wirelessly? If not, and you put your iphone in your pocket, you could have a lint / dustball in the port that's preventing good contact. Could also check the charging cable end to end and look for wear, tear, frays. Try another Apple wire and/or cube.

Also, if it's an older phone, when battery drains too low and/or off for some time and/or too cold or too hot it can affect battery charging ie kickstarting takes longer than normal. That applies to any batteried electronic though. Keep in room temp and off glass or stone tables when trying to charge.

Jan 28, 2020 4:47 AM in response to ProustGiulio

its the same when connected to a computer... when the cable is not connected it shows batery charging, when its connected it shows the batery with one red line... the iphone is off since yesterday and I noticed the problem when I connected the phone to the computer for charging.

Im in Bolivia so the "Apple Store" here probably will do the same thing Im doing now to repair the iphone.

hehehe

iphone doesn't charge and icons are inverted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.