Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps on my "login items" list keep disappearing after a couple startups.

I keep having to re-add apps to the startup list because they keep disappearing. Apps boot on startup like they are supposed to for a couple of times and then they just don't. When I check the "login items" list, the apps I added are gone. I found a thread with the same problem from 2013... Not sure if this is different or not so I'm asking again.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:09 PM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2020 3:08 PM in response to jarodrieg

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

ALSO IMPORTANT:

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine the root of the problem.

Feb 9, 2020 9:51 PM in response to Old Toad

Finally found the issue. It's with the app itself. It was the only app that I had added to login items to I didn't know that other apps didn't disappear. Apparently, launching on start up is a premium feature for the app which took me a while to realize because it would work for the next boot up after I added it to the login items list. I guess when the app actually launched, it would take itself off the list.

Thanks for the help

Apps on my "login items" list keep disappearing after a couple startups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.