Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t Siri simply add a reminder when I reach an address that is in my contacts?

Why can’t Siri simply add a reminder when I reach an address that is in my contacts?

When I ask, “Remind me at such and such location to do blank”, the location does not come up but it’s in my contacts. Clearly in my contacts. Do I have to word it a certain way? We shouldn’t have to.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 11:36 AM

Hi, Local80Grip.

It sounds like you’d like to create Reminders which will remind you when you get to a certain location. I’m happy to help. 

To start, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and ensure that location for Reminders is enabled. Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Then, test adding a reminder with a location using Siri. If the issue persists, or I don’t have a correct understanding of the issue, don’t hesitate to reach back out.

Farewell.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Local80Grip

Hi, Local80Grip.

It sounds like you’d like to create Reminders which will remind you when you get to a certain location. I’m happy to help. 

To start, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and ensure that location for Reminders is enabled. Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Then, test adding a reminder with a location using Siri. If the issue persists, or I don’t have a correct understanding of the issue, don’t hesitate to reach back out.

Farewell.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.