is there a siri command for adding an item to the reminder list at the very beginning?

When I use SIri to add an item to my reminder list, iOS will do so, but at the end of the list. I would rather have the new item at the very beginning. Is it possible to do so?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:22 AM

Hello oliver42,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to know if there's a Siri command that will add new reminders to the top of your list. If so, we'd like to help answer your question. We also notice that you're already coming from the following resource here: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This resource does dive a few examples on how to use Siri with Reminders:

You can ask Siri to schedule a reminder for you on your iOS device or your Apple Watch.* Here are a few examples:
* "Remind me to feed the dog every day at 7:30 a.m."
* "Remind me when I get home to check the mail."
* "Remind me when I leave here to stop by the grocery store."
* "Remind me tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. to call Tara."

When creating a new reminder manually or when using Siri, they will be added to the bottom of the existing list. Asking Siri to add the reminder "To the top of the list" will not work. If you go to Settings > Reminders on your iPhone, you will see there is no sorting option available. This is why Siri only adds new items to the bottom of the list. You can however, manually move the added reminder to the top of the list by dragging it with your finger.

If you'd like to provide feedback on your experience with Apple products or services, you can do so using this link: Legal - Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy - Apple

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 8:22 AM in response to oliver42

Hello oliver42,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to know if there's a Siri command that will add new reminders to the top of your list. If so, we'd like to help answer your question. We also notice that you're already coming from the following resource here: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This resource does dive a few examples on how to use Siri with Reminders:

You can ask Siri to schedule a reminder for you on your iOS device or your Apple Watch.* Here are a few examples:
* "Remind me to feed the dog every day at 7:30 a.m."
* "Remind me when I get home to check the mail."
* "Remind me when I leave here to stop by the grocery store."
* "Remind me tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. to call Tara."

When creating a new reminder manually or when using Siri, they will be added to the bottom of the existing list. Asking Siri to add the reminder "To the top of the list" will not work. If you go to Settings > Reminders on your iPhone, you will see there is no sorting option available. This is why Siri only adds new items to the bottom of the list. You can however, manually move the added reminder to the top of the list by dragging it with your finger.

If you'd like to provide feedback on your experience with Apple products or services, you can do so using this link: Legal - Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy - Apple

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

is there a siri command for adding an item to the reminder list at the very beginning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.