Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra OS - application file for download is damaged

When I try to open the High Sierra OS files from the App Store I get an error that the application is damaged. Is this something that if brought to the attention of Apple they would fix or is this version not going to be something they would put time towards because of how old it is? I can't afford a new laptop right now so I am trying to keep my 10 year old laptop going.

OS X El Capitan

MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 8:28 PM

You just need to download it again. It is most likely you only have a partial download of High Sierra, open your Applications folder and look for Install macOS High Sierra.app, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable rather than relying on WiFi. Restart your mac, go back to the App Store High Sierra page, click on Get to start downloading again, do not use the mac while it is downloading. If you have any other devices that share the same internet connection then don't use them either.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 8:28 PM in response to Lara7777

You just need to download it again. It is most likely you only have a partial download of High Sierra, open your Applications folder and look for Install macOS High Sierra.app, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable rather than relying on WiFi. Restart your mac, go back to the App Store High Sierra page, click on Get to start downloading again, do not use the mac while it is downloading. If you have any other devices that share the same internet connection then don't use them either.

High Sierra OS - application file for download is damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.