Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Calendar spam?

So, i was browsing Internet in Safari in iPhone and there was this website and when i opened it there was a pop-up and i accidentally clicked on “subscribe” and then i noticed my calendar had events like “IPhone security pack discount”. Any suggestions as to how to remove access of these sites from my calendar. I know it’s isn’t interrupting me or anything but still it’s frustrating and one another thing do i have to worry about my other information like partner details or my logging saved in my iPhone? Here is my calendar looking rn

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 7:14 AM

Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts, Tap Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offending calendar and delete it.

More precisely:

• Tap on the Settings icon
  • Scroll down to Calendar and tap on on it
  • Tap on Accounts
  • Tap on Subscribed Calendars
  • Tap on the offending calendar
  • Tap Delete Account
438 replies

Feb 3, 2020 7:00 AM in response to Parasharmannu

Although you can’t currently report and remove calendar spam on iPhone, iPad, and Mac except to just delete, Apple does have a process for handling this spam via iCloud.com, which may reduce it across all your Apple devices. Here’s how to address calendar invite spam from iCloud calendar:

1. Go to iCloud on the web and log in from your desktop or laptop computer.
  2. Open the Calendar app once you are in your iCloud account.
  3. Open the spam event and then select “Report Junk.”
  4. Click “OK.”

When you report calendar spam through iCloud, it will also be removed from all Apple devices that are synced with your iCloud account.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Dec 31, 2020 2:41 PM in response to WOliver2021

WOliver2021 wrote:

How to remove celendar spams

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

Remove spam from Calendar on your iPhone

Jun 20, 2021 2:05 PM in response to _rael_

Hi Steph,

I will post the instructions again to remain relevant since my response was first posted in January of 2020. Below is the updated response:

That is a Rogue Calendar account. 

If you are using iOS 13 then Go to Settings Passwords & Accounts and under Accounts see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

If you are using iOS 14 then Go to Settings Calendar Accounts and under Accounts see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

Note that it is not a virus. It is something that got added to your calendar because you may have accepted an offer from a pop-up on a website unknowingly. Please be careful out there.

If you still need more information then Please follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

Axel F

Oct 27, 2020 8:59 AM in response to OliviaFlashaar

OliviaFlashaar wrote:

So I have this same problem but idk how it started it just started popping up and I have no clue where accounts and password is I have a iPhone 6 and idk what to do it is getting annoying when they pop up
  • Tap the Settings icon
  • Scroll down until you see Passwords & Accounts and tap on it
  • Scroll down until you see Subscribed Calendars
  • Tap on the rogue calendar and tap Delete

It started because you tapped on a “free” offer on a website or in an app, and it asked you to tap “Allow” in the next dialog that appeared. That gave permission for the site to install the spam calendar.

Mar 16, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Axel Foley

Learned something in process and that is what Axel said (Axel Foley / really? Wasn’t he a character in a very wonderful and funny movie starring a former SNL cast member?) and that is that Apple products CANNOT have Computer viruses - as I understand them to be in the PC world (I.e. self replicating and otherwise destructive) UNLESS that Apple Product has been “jail broken” which is something that most Apple product owners don’t want to do anyway! So a “calendar virus” on the Apple Calendar is nothing more than annoying sucker bait which I must have fallen for somewhere along the line. Annoying but harmless unless you respond to it.

That said, it appears that you actually CAN respond inadvertently if you delete the “event” which appears to be posted on “the calendar” - what you have to do is delete the calendar itself - which is actually THEIR calendar and not one you created at all!

one other step - something I know I am supposed to do but cannot remember HOW to do at this point (sorry my iPhone skills - not to mention my memory - are lacking) is NOT accept calendars at all from “others” to be included in with your “master” calendar.

I know that explanation is a little murky. Perhaps someone can explain that better than I did in my feeble attempt!

anyway - thank you again - “Axel” and everyone else!

Jul 11, 2020 6:37 AM in response to ashishanand13

You were targeted because you accepted a “free” offer in an app or on a web site. You then tapped “Allow” when your phone asked if you wanted to install something. TANSTAAFL*. Don’t accept anything that’s free, because it isn’t. And when your phone tries to protect you accept its advice.

*There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert Heinlein, in “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

How to remove Calendar spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.