Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE XR SOUND NOT WORKING RECORDING VIDEOS FROM FRONT OR BACK

When I record videos from the front and back camera I’m not getting sound just muffles/fuzziness!!!!! And if I do get sound it cuts in and out when I record a video or is very low sounding....

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 9:25 PM

Do you use a case for your iPhone XR? Can you remove the case and try and see if the sound is still muffled or fuzzy?

Here is some more information on Microphone locations If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

Axel F.

7 replies

Jan 28, 2020 6:29 AM in response to AD120

You can try Reset All Settings if you have not. Go to Settings-->>General-->>Reset and then choose Reset All Settings.

If you choose "Reset All Settings", some of your iPhone settings will be reset to factory default settings instead of a complete removal of settings. After that, your iPhone will reboot. "Reset All Settings" will erase your preferences for Sound, General, Bluetooth, Brightness & Wallpaper, WLAN network, Notifications, Privacy and so on. When you get ready to reset all your iPhone settings, Apple will send you warning messages for twice to make sure whether you really mean to erase the previous preference settings or not.

Axel F.

IPHONE XR SOUND NOT WORKING RECORDING VIDEOS FROM FRONT OR BACK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.