Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow WiFi speed, compared to other models

Hi there! I have a problem in my iPhoneXR (iOS 13.3). Recently I have noticed that my iPhoneXR's WiFi works slow. I did many tests with different devices using the same WiFi in 2.4GHz in 5 meters from router. I used iPhone6, iPhoneX, iPhone 11, and Samsung Galaxy Note9 (for comparison). All these devices worked properly, and got results of 100Mbit/s, while my iPhone XR gets 20Mbit/s.

I have tried different senarios (changed router, reset settings, etc.), but none of them helped.

Anyone who has some solution, please help.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 1:34 AM

Does your router support 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard?

Check this article:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

13 replies

Jan 28, 2020 4:52 AM in response to Bati-IUT

So, make sure that your 5GHz option is enabled on your router.

To find out, if the Wi-Fi is working correctly, did you already try to connect to another Wi-Fi network, and compare the results?

You can also visit an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place and ask them to check that, or use their Wi-Fi for test purposes.

Feb 2, 2020 5:04 AM in response to Ingo2711

I've tried WiFi Sweetspot app, from AppStore to check speed between my router and phone. My router gives 20-30Mbits/s. Then checked in two different routers and got enough 70-80Mbits/s. (All is done in 2.4GHz). Checked network configurations on all devices (that all Tp-Link brand), all pretty same, but just different models. Now question, HOW is that possible? ))))

Feb 3, 2020 2:25 AM in response to Ingo2711

New information. I have checked the speed on 3 wifi routers (2 TP-Link & Tenta), using WiFi Sweetspots app. My phone gives unstable records, from 10 to 70Mbit/s (jumps & falls continuously). Tried other phones (of my colleagues, iPhone11ProMax, GalaxyA50, XiaomiMi9T) all of them got stable 80-90Mbit/s. It seems to me that it is because of my iPhone XR (((((

Slow WiFi speed, compared to other models

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.