Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to customize my standing reminders

Hi,

Is there a way to customize the standing reminders instead of predefined 50mins of every hour activity and I never noticed any reminder even I sat in my desk for more than 1 hour or so.

Help me with the suggestions or workarounds

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 4:56 AM

The hour is from 00 minutes to 59 minutes (top to the bottom of the hour)

Example It goes from 9:00 to 9:59, it does not go from say 9:30 to 10:30

In my experience if you miss one hour the next hour you will not get a stand reminder.

Example: If you are up an moving between 8 & 9 there will not be a reminder as you are moving

If you sit from 9 to 9:50 without moving you will get the reminder.

If you move it will go away until the next hour 10-11

And if you don't move in that time it will you will get a warning at 10:50

If you don't make that warning you will not get any more until you move as the watch will assume you are sleeping.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 4:56 AM in response to codename542

The hour is from 00 minutes to 59 minutes (top to the bottom of the hour)

Example It goes from 9:00 to 9:59, it does not go from say 9:30 to 10:30

In my experience if you miss one hour the next hour you will not get a stand reminder.

Example: If you are up an moving between 8 & 9 there will not be a reminder as you are moving

If you sit from 9 to 9:50 without moving you will get the reminder.

If you move it will go away until the next hour 10-11

And if you don't move in that time it will you will get a warning at 10:50

If you don't make that warning you will not get any more until you move as the watch will assume you are sleeping.

Jan 28, 2020 3:17 AM in response to codename542

This is how the stand activity ring works;

This is a quote from Apple Support website;

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around.

The minute that you stand and move around can be anytime from 1 minute after the hour until 1 minute before the next hour.

If you have stand reminders turned on then if you haven't stood yet in the current hour then the watch will remind you to stand at 50 minutes past the hour,this gives you 10 minutes in which to stand and move around before the next hour starts.

Read here as well;

Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Jan 28, 2020 2:43 AM in response to codename542

The setting for stand reminders is in the watch app on your phone tap on notifications then tap on activity and then turn stand reminders on.There is no way to customize this,it is either on or off.

Want to customize my standing reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.