Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & )SX Mail on the default ports failed

I added an internet account for Google and when I went to Mail there was a black triangle by the side of an iCloud account and after clicking on it this came up "Online Status Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed."

Under internet Accounts it shows that the Google account is the one that I set up.

After clicking on Try again nothing seems to happenThe triangles are still there. Mail seem to be working but not happy with the black triangles.

Do I need to do anything?

Thanks

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:29 AM

14 replies

Jan 28, 2020 9:21 AM in response to George Hilton

Hi George,

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

In Mail's Window Menu, choose Connection Doctor, any red dots for status, if so what is the message?

Then click the Show Details button & Check again.

Jan 28, 2020 9:55 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi BDAqua

did restart with shift but still there then restarted and looked at connection doctor and the Google account that I hadded had red dots and it then said “Coudnot connect to this SMTP server”

when I send email to the Google account it goes through OK. So it is working with no problems, just don’t like the black triangle showing.

Thanks for the advice just have to put up with it.

Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & )SX Mail on the default ports failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.