Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden increase in volume (maximum volume) after reconnecting headset with iPhone 11 Pro using Bluetooth

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Software version

iOS 13.3

Audio device

Sony WH-1000XM3

Spotify version

Situation

I'm listening to music on the Spotify app using my mobile phone and my Sony headset. The volume is on a low setting, I think about 10% of the maximum volume. When I move my iPhone out of range of my Sony headset the Bluetooth connection drops. Upon moving back in range, I reconnect my iPhone with the bluetooth of my Sony headset. Note: the volume is on the exact same setting as before. Next I press the play button of the audio player in the Notifcation Center of iOS. Then somehow the audio suddenly plays on maximum volume. Which is ofcourse very loud and thus annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 12:35 AM

Thanks Ryane77 for your help.

I've actually just found out it's a technical problem caused by sudden differences in temperature when for example moving from the winter cold to a heated inside place.

More on the topic for future referance:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-1000xm3/articles/00206130

Turning your headphone on and off seems to fix the issue (temporarily).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 12:35 AM in response to ryane77

Thanks Ryane77 for your help.

I've actually just found out it's a technical problem caused by sudden differences in temperature when for example moving from the winter cold to a heated inside place.

More on the topic for future referance:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-1000xm3/articles/00206130

Turning your headphone on and off seems to fix the issue (temporarily).

Jan 30, 2020 3:01 PM in response to The Pretty Bonobo

Hi The Pretty Bonobo,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. As I am understanding, your SONY Bluetooth headphones go out of range and then are at a max volume when they come back into range of your iPhone after you hit play.

Have you checked for any updates for your SONY headphones?

Have you tried pairing and unpairing them again: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Are you able to test this with another set of Bluetooth headphones or even a speaker? This can help isolate the issue to either the iPhone or SONY headphones.

Until you can test that out, you may want to set a Volume Limit inside Settings > Music: Change the way music sounds on iPhone.

Let me know what you find in your testing.

Have a fantastic day.

Sudden increase in volume (maximum volume) after reconnecting headset with iPhone 11 Pro using Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.