Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers file disappeared in iCloud

One of my critical Numbers spreadsheets disappeared in iCloud. Other files remained OK. I have now downloaded my remaining files and saved them back to my computer, and shut off 'sharing' which is a pain because now the files do not synch. I feel like now I will never be able to trust any cloud type of storage again . Does anyone know how to retrieve files which disappear into Apple's icloud? Support portals are confusing and absolutely no help.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 12:50 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2020 5:41 AM in response to SGIII

Yes, I’ve used Time Machine for more than a decade, but recently had gotten complacnt and unplugged things. I put too much trust in the Cloud I guess, and now I’m kicking myself. Never again!

The good news is that suddenly last night all my data miraculously reappeared! I don’t know where it parked itself while AWOL, and don’t care now. It’s all safely downloaded back to my computer and my Time Machine is re-connected too. No more trust in the Cloud for me. I know it must have been just a little glitch in the system but I personally don’t need any more warning.

i will still use the Cloud for syncing reasons, but will never trust it as a data repository again. This scare is all I needed to convince me.

Numbers file disappeared in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.