Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2009 three beeps - not RAM

Hi. I’m at a loss what could be the issue. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

My MacBook Pro (I think 2009) wont turn on and I get the continual loud three beeps sound and flashing light on front.

Ive tried a few fixes but no luck. I’ve replaced the RAM with different chips. I’ve reset the SMC and PRAM but it still won’t work and I get the beeps.

what else could it be?

Any help would be greatly received. Thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 5:30 PM

Macs are very picky about the memory they use. Are the other memory modules you are using made to be used in a Mac?

Try using just a single memory module and install it in the upper slot which is nearest the keyboard. Sometimes the lower slot nearest the Bottom Case can become damaged over time.

If other memory does not work, then you have a bad Logic Board.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 5:30 PM in response to JezB

Macs are very picky about the memory they use. Are the other memory modules you are using made to be used in a Mac?

Try using just a single memory module and install it in the upper slot which is nearest the keyboard. Sometimes the lower slot nearest the Bottom Case can become damaged over time.

If other memory does not work, then you have a bad Logic Board.

MacBook Pro 2009 three beeps - not RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.