Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1-28-2020 iPhone 7 not ringng or vibrating for any calls, other alert types work like for messages & e-mails

My iPhone 7 will not Vibrate or Ring today 1-28-2020 and all the settings are the same as they were yesterday. Today I was able to change the setting to allow the LED light to flash when some calls are received but not all calls, but it still will not ring or vibrate. When changing the ring tones in settings you can hear the ring tones. I do get notification alert sounds, but not for calls. I don't know of any updates to the IOS in the last day or so. Do Not Disturb is not on or scheduled. Silence: is only

set to "While iPhone is Locked"

Jeff

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 7:35 AM

Hi there, Jeff!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone is no longer ringing or vibrating when you receive an incoming call. I'm happy to help!

I see you've made sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. I'd also suggest making sure that the Silence Unknown Callers feature is also not enabled: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support.

To continue troubleshooting if necessary, try the following steps:

1. Force close any open apps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.
  2. Check for, and install, any available iOS updates for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  3. Check for, and install, any available carrier settings updates for your iPhone: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If you still need help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Best!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 7:35 AM in response to Quick-1

Hi there, Jeff!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone is no longer ringing or vibrating when you receive an incoming call. I'm happy to help!

I see you've made sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. I'd also suggest making sure that the Silence Unknown Callers feature is also not enabled: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support.

To continue troubleshooting if necessary, try the following steps:

1. Force close any open apps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.
  2. Check for, and install, any available iOS updates for your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  3. Check for, and install, any available carrier settings updates for your iPhone: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If you still need help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Best!

1-28-2020 iPhone 7 not ringng or vibrating for any calls, other alert types work like for messages & e-mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.