Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone does not ring when I get some calls--vibrates ONCE goes to VM

Occasionally, I feel the vibration go on once, but doesn't ring-- on an incoming call. And then caller is bumped right to Voice mail. I don't want that to happen but it does.

I do NOT have do not disturb on; the ringer is turned up at least 1/4-1/2way. BUT this happens.

In Settings/Do not disturb, DND is OFF; scheduled is OFF; but under SILENCE there are only two choices: ALWAYS and While iPhone is locked. While locked has a check next to it; I CANNOT get rid of that check.

I missed another important call this morning due to this... Can someone explain this and tell me what to do? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 6:16 PM

The Always and While Locked choices only apply when Do Not Disturb is on. When that is not on, it doesn't matter which of those two choices is selected.

Another possibility (although it shouldn't vivbrate): Have you checked the option at Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers? See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 6:16 PM in response to NJpsychout

The Always and While Locked choices only apply when Do Not Disturb is on. When that is not on, it doesn't matter which of those two choices is selected.

Another possibility (although it shouldn't vivbrate): Have you checked the option at Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers? See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Jun 13, 2020 7:40 PM in response to FoxFifth

Hi thanks for taking the time to try to help me out.

Under allow calls From, I checked off "All contacts." The call that concerned me going to voice mail the other day was from one of my Drs. Yet, my Drs ARE IN MY CONTACTS... And that should ONLY matter, right, if I ever turn on DO NOT DISTURB, which I don't. I'm usually pretty savvy about settings, and am on my 5th iPhone, and have never noticed a problem like this before.

Just so baffling; but thanks for the help!

iPhone does not ring when I get some calls--vibrates ONCE goes to VM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.