Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted hundreds of text messages from one specific person is there anyway to get them back

How can I get deleted text back

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 5:12 PM

If you use messages in iCloud, then no. Deletions are permanent. If not using messages in iCloud, and if your device backup has not updated since the deletions, you can restore the iCloud (or iTunes) backup to get them back. But, if the device backup has updated since the deletion, then the deletions are permanent.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 5:12 PM in response to Cl_a_mi_o

If you use messages in iCloud, then no. Deletions are permanent. If not using messages in iCloud, and if your device backup has not updated since the deletions, you can restore the iCloud (or iTunes) backup to get them back. But, if the device backup has updated since the deletion, then the deletions are permanent.

I deleted hundreds of text messages from one specific person is there anyway to get them back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.