Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security update 10.14.6 cannot be downloaded on macos mojave macbook air 2015?

Security update 10.14.6 instead of many attempts, can't be downloaded on my mac OS Mojave macbook air 2015...

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 12:45 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2020 7:24 AM in response to HamadaniG

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.3 )that has a similar problem. It would download the 10.14.6 dmg file but would not allow me to install it:

Got an error message when I tried "This Mac can only install macOS on APFS-formatted drives". If this is what is happening to you the answer I found out is my current hard drive is formatted HFS+ Journalized, so even though Apple says both of our Macs are compatible they don't say your drive (hard or SSD) has to be APFS (Apple File System) Apple has taken a hard stand and unless you have the APFS file drive you are toast I guess.

So here is how you Check what your file drive format is:

Go to upper left hand corner of your screen click on the apple Icon

On the drop down Menu click on "About this Mac" It will bring up a screen with a picture of your current OS below is a rounded box titled "System Report" click on it

Under the HARDWARE section click on "SATA/SATA Express" look for "Content" if it says Apple APFS you should not have any problems, If it say HFS+ you are going to have to reformat your hard drive.

Sorry if this sounds like another language - just trying to share my learning experience, all I wanted to do was upgrade not become an Apple guru

John

security update 10.14.6 cannot be downloaded on macos mojave macbook air 2015?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.