Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max Help

I want to know if my phone is new or refurbished, I bought iPhone XS Max yesterday and I want to know if it is new originally, or if it was refurbished

can any one help me

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 2:12 PM

That One, you can find under Settings --> General --> About.

The first Letter is important.

M = New

F = Refurbished

N = Replacement Unit from the Apple Store (Warranty Replacement)

8 replies

Jan 30, 2020 3:01 PM in response to Elitegate

Thanks you all very much, the iPhone is new, but when I open the package there was a very little scratch on the screen, so I doubt if it refurbished, although it was on very new the package was close, but it is very surprise when u see a scratch when it is in very new, that’s unexpected to put very big price on iPhone and there things like that

Jan 30, 2020 3:26 PM in response to kosay2020

There could be scratches during testing that weren't uncovered before packaging. Also - Model Number toggles (tap on it) between Axxxx and the one starting with M/N/F/etc. If it was 3rd party refurbished, whoever would do the refurbishing wouldn't be able to modify the model number. Only Apple can modify that.

Jan 31, 2020 3:52 AM in response to y_p_w

So to who I have to inform that I got the new iPhone XS Max with little scratch on the screen when I unboxed it , it is not easy notice scratch, but when u pay this huge price, to the iphone, and u found this things, it is not fair, I paid

and even there is not fast charger in the iPhone package or aux changer cable for the headphones, really sad/unfair 😅

iPhone XS Max Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.