Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie

Thanks for your help in advance.

I purchased a song on iTunes. I'm trying to insert into an iMovie project between two other audio clips. Unfortunately when I try to insert it, the middle section of the audio clip disappears but when I move the clip to the left or right below the other clips the whole clip reappears. And when I try to split clip the new audio where the content is missing and try to insert the new clip the same thing happens. There is also a green link bar to the left of the new clip I want to add.

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 4:30 PM

Can't quite visualize what steps you are taking. However, try selecting the video clip that is above the audio you that you are trying to insert. Then click on the loudspeaker item in the tool bar at the upper right of the screen. Make sure that the box is unchecked that says "lower volume of other clips". That might cure it.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2020 4:30 PM in response to PS169

Can't quite visualize what steps you are taking. However, try selecting the video clip that is above the audio you that you are trying to insert. Then click on the loudspeaker item in the tool bar at the upper right of the screen. Make sure that the box is unchecked that says "lower volume of other clips". That might cure it.

-- Rich

iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.