Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a freeze frame In iMovie moves all my audio clips around

Hi doing a video for work demonstrating some software I've recorded the video portion as a single video clip and am now trying to attach various audio commentary clips to it. That's all working. What isn't working is that if I need to insert a freeze frame to allow for some discussion before continuing on, iMovie goes and moves ALL of the prior audio clips around. Even if they're no-where near the point where I'm inserting the freeze frame.

It's driving me crazy because I then have to go all the way back to the beginning and re-position every single audio clip.

Why is it doing this?

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:39 AM

Adding to my previous post, it might be a corrupt preference causing the clips to be moved out of sequence. Try deleting preferences. To do that, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. See if that fixes it.

Also, you might try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of your project timeline media and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. You edits will carry over. See if everything works properly in the new project.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 8:39 AM in response to drekka

Adding to my previous post, it might be a corrupt preference causing the clips to be moved out of sequence. Try deleting preferences. To do that, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. See if that fixes it.

Also, you might try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of your project timeline media and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. You edits will carry over. See if everything works properly in the new project.

-- Rich

Adding a freeze frame In iMovie moves all my audio clips around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.