Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replaced audio in Imovie and can't edit without deleting entire audio when I clip sections out

Working in IMovie-I had to remove audio from a video that had issues and have it professionally corrected. When I removed the audio and replaced it with the fixed audio, it synced up fine. But when I attempt to cut out a piece of video, it ends up deleting the entire audio for the whole video. However, the video I’m editing is just the section I want removed. Would anyone have any idea if there is something I did perhaps when I added the new audio that is causing this?

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 4:44 PM

Put your cursor on the audio clip and, while pressing down, drag it to a lower audio well until you see the little attachment handle pull free of the video clip. Now see if you can remove the piece of video clip without deleting the entire audio.

-- Rich

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 30, 2020 11:19 AM in response to Rich839

Another way that you can do this is to put your video clip and audio clip into a newly created project. Then share out the project, that will result in a movie with the video and audio clips merged. Then drag the shared out movie into your iMovie project. Now you can cut the video wherever you want and the corresponding portion of the audio clip, that is embedded in the video, will also be cut.

-- Rich

Replaced audio in Imovie and can't edit without deleting entire audio when I clip sections out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.